Nooelec SAWbird iO - Premium Dual Ultra-Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) & Saw Filter Module for Inmarsat Applications. 1542MHz Center Frequency
For full product details, please visit the product page at nooelec.com!
SAWbird iO is a self-contained LNA module designed for capturing L-Band signals, like Inmarsat AERO and STD-C. It has a very high attenuation outside of the 60MHz bandpass region, centered around 1.542GHz, and a minimum of 20dB of gain within the bandpass region. Nominal current draw is only 30mA.
The SAWbird series contains 2 ultra-low-noise LNAs (single package), sandwiched around a custom-designed, high-performance SAW filter centered at the frequency of interest.
Bias tee power input is 3.0V-5.0V DC.
Our recommendation for use with this LNA is the NESDR SMArTee--which contains a bias-tee capable of powering the SAWbird+ iO module with bias power--but it is compatible with many available SDRs. If you wish to use an SDR that does not have DC output to power accessories, you will also require a separate bias tee module to power this device.
- SAWbird iO is a self-contained LNA module designed for capturing L-Band signals, particularly Inmarsat AERO and STD-C
- Each module contains 2 ultra-low-noise LNAs (single package), sandwiched around a custom-designed, high-performance SAW filter centered at 1542MHz
- The amplifier must be powered through the output SMA (bias-tee) and requires only ~30mA of current
- Though compatible with most SDRs with DC (bias-tee) power, we recommend use in conjunction with NESDR SMArTee (available on Amazon, item ID B079C4S2BT)
- Includes free male SMA to male SMA adapter. Full 1 year warranty and support direct through Nooelec!