Nooelec SAWbird+ NOAA Barebones - Premium Saw Filter & Cascaded Ultra-Low Noise LNA Module for NOAA Applications. 137MHz Center Frequency.
|Model||SAWbird+ NOAA Barebones|
For full product details, please visit the product page at nooelec.com!
SAWbird+ NOAA is a self-contained LNA module designed for capturing beautiful weather images available from NOAA satellites. It has a very high attenuation outside of the 5MHz bandpass region, centered around 137.5MHz, and a minimum of 30dB of gain within the bandpass region. Nominal current draw is 180mA.
The SAWbird+ series contains 2 ultra-low-noise LNAs sandwiched around a custom-designed, high-performance SAW filter centered at the frequency of interest. Each LNA module has 2 EMI shields to separate each delicate LNA from external interference. There are also M3 mounting holes available to mount the PCB in your custom enclosure or project with standard hardware.
Each module allows for 3 different power options, but you should only power with one option at any given time! The recommended power input through the SMA output port (for bias-tee capable SDRs like the NESDR SMArTee) is 3V-5V DC. Alternatively, if you don't have a bias-tee capable SDR, you can use the external power options through the microUSB port or the power input header (female 0.1" header). The recommended external power input is 3.3V-5.5V DC.
Though there is protection circuitry on the SAWbird for overvoltage conditions, and voltages of up to 12V DC should still work and will not damage the device, it is not recommended for long-term usage. Kindly note that damage resulting from overvoltage conditions would not be covered under the standard 1 year warranty.
- SAWbird+ NOAA is a self-contained LNA module designed for capturing beautiful weather images available from NOAA satellites
- The module uses 2 ultra-low-noise LNAs and a custom high-performance SAW filter centered at the frequency of interest
- SAWbird+ NOAA can be powered in 3 ways: via bias tee, through the on-board microUSB connector, or through the on-board female header
- Though compatible with most SDRs, we recommend use in conjunction with NESDR SMArTee (available on Amazon, product ID B079C4S2BT)
- Full 1 year warranty and support direct through Nooelec!